Use of ICT
All our students in Year 7 have netbooks for use in school (we are currently looking at a lease scheme to offer our parents), but we should be exploiting the potential of ICT more fully. Obviously there are training issues here and some of the possibilities listed below will need to form part of an ICT development plan.
The list can be endless, but below are some possible ways we can use ICT:
- Projects on the VLE (we use Fronter) – work could also be handed in via Fronter. Students on higher graduation stages can be monitored more easily.
- e-portfolios for students to record and monitor progress. Could be linked to graduations stages and easily monitored if students become accustomed to tagging
- Blogging linked to their e-portfolio again very useful if students use tagging technology
- Seminar booking system allows an element of choice for some seminars
- Audio and visual technology for communication,/presentation purposes
We are a bit behind with our development of ICT, but we have recently appointed an excellent thinker in this area who I'm sure will contribute to this page in the near future.
My wife is putting our youngest one to bed.